Saturday, February 27, 2010

Morning Mist

















The year has got off to a good start despite the bad winter. I am currently working on three poetry collections. One is based on the ancient Chinese style of 'Rivers and Mountains' tradition of nature poetry. I live in a semi-retreat type way and there is no shortage of wilderness in the views from my cottage, so it's ideal for writing in the austere style that typifies 'Shan-Shui'. Here is an example:

Morning Mist

Morning mist clings like silk to the mountain's flanks.
Sky becomes wondrous yellow and pink.

No end to these marvels from my retreat. Inside
and out, it's just the same lately.

Sat still and mindful with my gate closed, moonrise
is magical. And heaven's river sparkles away forever.

(c) Mark F Chaddock 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment