Monday, August 3, 2009

I'm Back!



Summer and illness have meant that I have not made an entry in this blog for a month. However, I'm back now. I have been quite active in making photographs during some of the month - mainly street and some cat and people photography, much of it in mono (black & white) which I sometimes prefer as it gets away from the distraction of colour.
However, I wanted to show you this colour image taken a few weeks ago on Trawmore strand, Achill island. I came across an abandoned yellow spade and saw the potential for an image, especially if those figures at the tide's edge were included.
In Flickr I cross-processed it to give it a more 70s or nostalgic colour look. Then I darkened the edges a little to hold the viewer's attention in, and gave it a suitable frame.
Lastly, I thought the title 'Abandoned Yellow Spade' was fitting for the image. It has proved very popular on Flickr winning a number of awards.
Take care - I'm off to shoot some pictures - it's a Bank Holiday Monday here.

No comments:

Post a Comment