Monday, February 23, 2009

Promises

If you blush I’ll build boxes for you to hide in

When you’re tired I’ll try on your trainers

If you cry I’ll cuddle you carefully

When you’re sick I’ll swab your sweaty brow

If you frown I’ll feel fragile

When you’re ashamed I’ll peel your pomegranate

If you laugh I’ll leap Land Rovers

When you’re depressed I’ll buy you chocolates

If you sigh I’ll sing sad songs

When you’re unlucky I’ll wash your pots

If you sing I’ll smile endlessly

When you’re afraid I’ll suck your thumb

If you talk I’ll tether my tongue

When you’re on edge I’ll boil your eggs

If you whisper I’ll wrangle your washing

When you’re cross I’ll pick you a posy

If you whistle I’ll wrestle a water buffalo

When you’re bored I’ll leap lighthouses for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment