Friday, June 12, 2009

Force 12 Writers' Festival is here!

It's here again! One of my favourite weekends in the calendar year - the excellent annual writing festival up at Aras Inis Gluaire, Belmullet, Co. Mayo.
The director of the weekend this year is Patrick Cotter, who I'm looking forward to meeting - he directs the Munster Literature Centre. Some great writers are lined up as guest readers including John Corless, Liz O'Donaghue, Clare Wigfall, Theo Dorgan and Writer in Residence, Éils Ni Dhuibhne. I'm looking forward to reading from my own poetry collection and doing a couple of workshops on Saturday.
Oh - did I mention loads of fabulous writers from all over the country attend, many of them good friends of mine.
So, we all hope to be entertained, inspired, and our ears assailed with great writing and readings. I'm staying at the Sea Rod Inn at Doohoma so I'm not complaining. And I'm looking forward to the heatwave we ususallly have over this weekend. I'll let you know how it goes.
Thank you to Mayo Arts Council who provide this free each year to anyone who wishes to attend. Long may it continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment