Sunday, May 24, 2009

Radio Interviews & Book Launches




I knew it was going to be a whirlwind week; I just didn't know how much I would enjoy myself. On Sunday I drove over to Castlebar from Achill Island to be interviewed on live radio - CRC local radio's 'Weekly Edition' - by Edith Geraghty regarding the launch of my new book The Ordinary Miracle; and to read a few poems. It's always good to be in Edith's company and all went well despite a phone call in the middle of the interview - no, there was no phone-in set up - someone had forgot to unplug the phone! We had a laugh over that one - afterwards.

Doing a lot of walking on Dooega beach here on Achill island at present, muttering to myself and getting funny looks off dogs. Not to worry, I haven't finally flipped, (well that's my claim). As 'Achill Island's Poet-in-Residence' I'm rehearsing my reading for my booklaunch Wednesday evening - so you see it's all normal behaviour, really. So be kind and come along - and stop throwing bananas at me - they bruise!
Have a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment