Saturday, May 30, 2009

Successful Launch of 'The Ordinary Miracle'



From lt. to rt.: John McHugh; Sheila McHugh; Mary Lavelle-Burke; Ronan Halpin; Mark F Chaddock; Anne Shannon; Dr. Edward King

I have had a truly wonderful week. The launch of 'The Ordinary Miracle, my first book collection of poetry, by The Heinrich Boll Association at The Cyril Gray Memorial Hall by kind permission of Vi McDowell, was a great success. It was a lovely occasion with a celebratory atmosphere.
I am most grateful to everyone who attended and thoroughly enjoyed reading a few poems and meeting people. My good friends Edith and Seamus Geraghty travelled over from Belmullet - thanks guys!
Now, after attending The Force 12 Writers Festival at Belmullet in mid-June, I am starting on my tour of readings at County Mayo libraries; first date - Ballina library on 19th June at 8pm. I am looking forward to seeing the newly built library and have had wonderful co-operation from the Head Librarian, Barbara Varley.
Once more, thanks to all those who attended the launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment